Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer is here!

There really isn't anything new to report. We have been busy with just everyday things. Mike has his first of two wrestling summer camps this week. This one is being run by the wrestling team that he is on. Just a day camp. It starts on Wednesday and goes till Saturday. The second one is in July and he will be going to a University near our home. It is an overnight camp and he will be there alone. Well I mean without a parent. It is the first time that Mike has tried something like this. I am nervous while he is excited. It is a week long camp. For the price he better have fun but learn something as well.

Andrea has started summer school today. It is only 2 hours 3 days out of the month. She really loves going. To see all her friends. I have a social butterfly on my hands. That is all I hear about is her friends.

We have Mike's last Cub Scout event next week. It is a weekend camp out at a campground near our house. I am one of the 2 moms that are planning it. So I will be busy all next week.
That is about all. Here are some pictures of my brother Steven's graduation.


The whole class. All 64 of them.

5 comments:

Melissa Swartley said...

Oh boy! I would be nervous too about my kiddo going to camp without my husband or myself! Good luck on not stressing out! I'm so glad to hear that Andrea likes school so much! Congrats to your brother!!!

Anthea said...

Hi - I am Anthea - have been lurking for a while and thought I should say hi. Your kids are gorgeous, how old are they? I have a 9 year old son and a 2 year old daughter. Hope you have a great summer - its going on winter here and I am starting to miss the heat. Good thing I have a whole lot of blogs to go to to remind me that the sun does in fact exist.

Kim said...

It must be nerve wracking that Mike is going alone-but he is going to have great time. I am sure he will not admit it, but he is probably a little nervous too and I am sure he is going to miss you! Andrea is the little social butterfly huh? Only a few more years before she discovers the phone and it is attached to her ear every night!

Anthea said...

Australia it is! I love the sun, but am not complaining about winter...would just love some more rain...we are in the middle of a drought right now.

Greene Family said...

I would be nervous about Mike going away to camp by himself for the first time too! I'm sure he'll have a great time! I bet he'll miss you and be happy to be home afterwards though!
Andrea is an adorable social butterfly! I can imagine that she makes friends very easily!
Congrats to your brother! Enjoy your summer!