Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Look whats for dinner tonight.

Foil-Pack Chicken Fajita Dinner

So I get this free magazine in the mail from Kraft and it has tons of great recipes in it. This is one that I thought it looks so Yummy. Tonight I thought I would give it a try. But I had to run to the store to grab a few things.
But wait! Have you ever had a friend that calls you right when you are getting ready to leave and says, " Hey can you do something for me?" Of course I am someone that can't say no. I say sure. The friend's husband and son need haircuts. So I say sure come on over. But I have to go to the store when I am done. Of course when we are done they don't leave right away. They leave about 30 minutes later.

So I go to the Wal-mart.I grabbed everything I needed to last me till payday. Then I get to the check out and get that cashier that really doesn't want to be there. I get like Sunday papers every week. So I staple all of the like coupons together. Apparently that was a big issue with her. Every time she got to a set that was stapled. She let out a big sigh and rolled her eyes. Then after she got all of the coupons apart she then proceeded to stand there and take the staple out of every one. Come one now just scan the stuff so I can get home.

Did I mention that we were all standing in line. 2 kids and hubby. Then along comes the person behind me who develops an attitude because I had a lot of coupons and the cashier was taking her time and throwing a hissy fit.

Further more our store is a dollar more expensive on just about every product than other stores. Because we live in a small town where there are only 3 stores to choose from.So they raise the price on everything. She should be cutting out coupons too.

Ok so I get home get everything away and this dinner recipe sounds like it is going to take a long time. Because I don't buy boneless chicken. It takes a little longer to cook. So I decide to make this recipe but combine all of the ingrediants in a skillet add the cheese and put tinfoil over it. So the cheese would melt.Here is what mine looked like.


It was so Yummy. It is called foil packet chicken fajitas. But tonight we are calling it Skillet chicken fajita. Here is the recipe Enjoy!

BTW I should mention that before I used my coupons and hubbies 10% discout my bill was $88.69 and after the everthing it was $66.45.. .. So go you know where you mean cashier lady!



1-1/2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
1-1/2 cups hot water
1 Tbsp. TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
1 each: green and red pepper, cut into strips
1/2 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
1/2 cup KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Taco Cheese
Make It

HEAT oven to 400ºF. Fold up all sides of each of four 18x12-inch sheets of heavy-duty foil to form 1-inch rim; spray foil with cooking spray. Combine rice, water and taco seasoning; spoon evenly onto centers of foil. Top evenly with remaining ingredients.

BRING up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place in 15x10x1-inch baking pan.

BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until chicken is cooked through (165ºF). Let stand 5 min. Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening packets.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmm that sounds yummy! I LOVE the Kraft magazine, it's the best. I'll have to try this one out. And good for you with your coupons, I'm a coupon lady too!

Kim said...

Ilove the Kraft magazines! Tough on the people behind you-coupons are a must. I agree though-taking out each staple was a bit unecessary!