Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer Fun




We have been very busy around here. We went to the Erie Peninsula. It was very warm but the water was a little cooler than I would of liked it to be. The kids loved to be there. I think we spent 4 hours at the beach. Thank goodness that I brought sunscreen and remembered to reapply it. Of course I remembered that with the kids. I on the other hand thought I could use a suntan and decided to go without. That was a huge mistake.





The back of my neck and shoulders got burned. I did have on a tank top on over my swimsuit so nothing else was burned.I think I would have been one hurting unit if I had not had that on.
On Saturday a friend of mine and I went to find several yard sales. We had a blast.I found a new winter coat for Andrea. The sleeves are a little long but by winter I think it should fit her perfectly. I might be able to get two winters out of it. It is white and fury. It is reversible. On the inside it is purple. It has a Barbie logo on it. Very cute.
Andrea loves it and has been begging me to let her wear it. No matter if it is 80 degrees outside. I had to hide the coat in my bedroom. Hopefully she won't find it. When she gets on a kick about something it is sometimes hard to divert her.





Later that evening we went to the fireworks. We sat on a pontoon boat at the dock and watched them being shot out over the local lake here. They were very pretty.
While we were there Mike got some fishing in. All they caught were tiny sun fish but it was fun none the less.



I hope that everyone is enjoying their summers. It is halfway over so enjoy while it lasts.

Ta-ta for now.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

The beach sounds like fun. Cute pictures. I'm glad you guys had a good time.